November 20, 2010

Countless viewers of the sensex index figures

Almost every urban household today has a member or members investing in the stock market; the BSE market is no exception being the oldest market of the country. Thousands of companies are listed in the BSE. These companies sell shares to the public. The public thus become shareholders no matter whether the investment is small or bulky. And the BSE sensex is always viewed no matter what the medium is – television channel or news portal.

I wake up early in the morning and immediately log on to the Reuters news platform. Going through the latest business news and waiting for the sensex to exhibit its morning results, how the market opens whether on a positive note or a negative note, I do my morning chores until I become ready for my office. Like me, my colleagues follow the same routine of watching the BSE sensex in the office for the latest news. It is no surprise to find even housewives and students taking interest in the sensex index figures as they belong to the investors’ fraternity too!

No wonder the BSE sensex Index is India's first and most popular stock market benchmark index.